The national airline Air Canada ranks 10th among the top-rated airlines. Below, you’ll find updated data about the company, its strengths, its weaknesses, its reputation, and its awards.
The national airline Air Canada ranks 10th among the top-rated airlines for reimbursement and payment of compensation in case of disputes. With Air Canada, a cancelled flight may entitle you to financial compensation. Below, you’ll find updated data about the company, its strengths, its weaknesses, its reputation, and its awards.
Air Canada flights cancellation policy
Available updated data on Air Canada
- IATA code: AC AC
- Founded in 1937 under the name Trans-Canada Airlines (TCA)
- Fleet of 217 aircraft (as of April 2017, excluding affiliates)
- Over 200 destinations worldwide
- 1,500 daily scheduled flights (in 2013, including Air Canada Express)
- Head office: Montréal (La Rondelle)
- Founding member of Star Alliance
- Loyalty program: Aeroplan
- Privilege program: Altitude
- Exclusive lounges reserved for Air Canada members: Maple Leaf
- Skytrax rating: 4/5 stars
Par Skytrax :
- Best airline in North America (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
- 31/100 on the ranking of the best airlines in the world (from the last World Airline Awards 2016)
From Global Traveler:
- Best airline in North America (in 2017, for the 11th time)
- Best airline in the Americas for long-haul flights (2014)
- Air Canada Express (SkyRegional)
- Air Canada Jazz
- Air Canada Jetz
- Air Canada Vacations (grossiste de forfaits vacances)
- Air Canada Rouge
- Air Georgian
Overall, Air Canada’s reputation is above average. The ratings received from users of the airline Air Canada on social media are:
- TripAdvisor – 3.5/5 (out of 5,481 reviews in April 2017)
- Kayak – 7.1/10 (out of 15,716 reviews in April 2017)
- Yelp – 1.5/5 (out of 172 reviews in April 2017)
Air Canada’s strengths are its reliability, the quality of its travel products, the exclusivity of certain routes, and the clarity of the explanations provided about its various services via its website, aircanada.com.
- AirlineRatings safety score: 7/7
- Only carrier operating an international 4-star network in North America (2016)(2016)
- Only non-stop service between Vancouver and Sydney
- pFirst direct service offered between Montréal and Asia (to Shanghai) as of February 16th, 2017
- Explanatory section on the Air Canada website for if your flight is cancelled, with reimbursement options
Air Canada’s weaknesses concern the differences observed in the quality of the lounges, the seats, and the services encountered in relation to the flight and ground crew.
- According to users, the comfort of the Maple Leaf Lounges is below average: 4/10 rating on Skytrax score de 4/10 sur Skytrax
- Air Canada is just average when it comes to the comfort of its seats: 5/10 rating on Skytrax
According to the various verified opinions collected, the service on board and on the ground seem relatively uneven.
96% OF SUCCESS
Was your flight with Air Canada delayed, cancelled, or overbooked? You have rights and, depending on the case, you can claim a reimbursement.
Make sure you get the compensation you deserve and save time, money and energy. Entrust Flightclaim.ca to help you with this process.