The French airline Air France ranks 12th among the top-rated air carriers. Here’s a list of updated data about the company, its strengths, its weaknesses, its reputation, and its awards.
The French airline Air France ranks 12th among the top-rated air carriers when it comes to reimbursement or the payment of compensation in case of disputes.With Air France, a claim for a delay may result in the payment of compensation within the limits set by law.Here’s a list of updated data about the company, its strengths, its weaknesses, its reputation, and its awards.
Air France compensation policy for delayed and cancelled flight
Available updated data on Air France
- IATA code: AF
- Founded in 1933; became Air France-KLM in 2004
- Fleet of 585 aircraft with KLM and Transavia (May 2016)
- 231 destinations worldwide (316 for Air France-KLM)
- 1,600 daily scheduled flights (in 2013)
- Head office: Roissy CDG
- Founding member of SkyTeam
- Loyalty program: Flying Blue
- Privilege program: Flying Blue Silver, Gold, Platinum
- Exclusive lounges reserved for Air France-KLM members: 530 Air France and SkyTeam lounges in 300 international airports
- Skytrax rating: 4/5 stars (14th in 2016)
- Best first class airline lounge dining experience (2016)
- Best first class comfort amenities (2016)
From the Freddie Awards (associated with the Flying Blue loyalty program):
- Best program of the year (in 2016, 4th consecutive year)
- Best promotion (in 2016)
- Best customer service (in 2016)
- Best redemption ability (in 2016)
From DJSI (Dow Jones Sustainability Index, an international index evaluating companies on their performance in terms of sustainable development):
- Best airline (2015, for the 11th consecutive time) and leader in the Transportation category
- Air France Industries-KLM Engineering (maintenance activities)
- CRMA (Société de Construction et de Réparation de Matériel Aéronautique)
- Quali-Audit (Air France Consulting)
- Transavia France
Overall, Air France’s reputation is above average. Ratings received from users of the airline on various social networks:
- TripAdvisor 3.5/5 (out of 8,279 reviews in April 2017)
- Flight-Report 7.1/10 (out of 2,792 reviews in April 2017)
- What The Flight 3.77/5 (out of 720 reviews in April 2017)
Air France does not receive the highest rating for the safety of its aircraft, but it remains near the top of the rankings. The company’s first-class services are rated higher than the services for economy and business-class passengers.
- AirlineRatings safety score: 6/7
- AirlineRatings product score: 5.5/7
The quality of service from the staff is often questioned by Air France passengers in their comments, and many delays were observed (better ratings for KLM).
- Relatively low overall ranking: 3/10 rating on Skytrax (based on 83 passenger reviews) for Air France and 7/10 for KLM (653 reviews)
- Skytrax World Airline Awards 2016 ratings: Air France in 14th place and KLM in 24th
- According to the many verified reviews gathered, the onboard and ground service seems relatively uneven
96% OF SUCCESS
With Air France, depending on the circumstances, a claim for a delay may allow you to receive compensation. To make sure you’re receiving the compensation to which you’re entitled under the law while saving time, money, and energy, trust flightclaim.ca!