The Canadian airline Air Transat ranks 16th among the top-rated air carriers. Updated data about the company, its strengths, its weaknesses, its reputation, and its awards appears below.
The Canadian airline Air Transat ranks 16th among the top-rated air carriers when it comes to reimbursement or the payment of legal compensation in case of turmoil. If an Air Transat flight is delayed, the company may award financial compensation, depending on the duration of the delay and the destination. Updated data about the company, its strengths, its weaknesses, its reputation, and its awards appears below.
Air Transat compensation policy for cancelled or delayed fight
Available updated data on Air Transat
- IATA code: TS
- Founded in 1987 by two former Québecair employees
- Fleet of 40 aircraft
- 83 destinations worldwide (some only in winter) in 26 countries
- 64 direct routes from 7 Canadian cities to 31 European cities (2015)
- Hubs: Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax, Ottawa, Québec, and Winnipeg
- Head office: Montréal
- International, regular, and charter flights
- Loyalty programs: AirValid and Kids Club
- Privilege program: Option Plus
- Exclusive lounges reserved for Air Transat members in airports in: Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, and Winnipeg
- Skytrax rating: 3/5 stars étoiles
Protégez-Vous customer satisfaction survey:
- Best holiday travel airline in North America (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Trophées UniVers Gala:
- Best airline of the year (2014)
Air Transat’s affiliates specialize in organizing vacations.
- Transat Holidays
- Canadian Affair
- Thomas Cook AG agencies in Canada
- Amplitude International
- Tours Mont-Royal
The ratings received from users of the airline Air Transat on social media are:
- TripAdvisor 3.5/5 (out of 2,457 reviews in April 2017)
- GoVoyages 12/20 (out of 278 reviews in April 2017)
- What The Flight 2.8/5 (out of 44 reviews in April 2017)
Air Transat’s strengths are its reliability, the service quality from the staff, and the winter routes to South America and the Caribbean.
- AirlineRatings safety score: 7/7
- AirlineRatings product score: 4/7
- Overall Skytrax rating above average with 6/10
- 4/5 stars for service on Skytrax
- One of the top 10 highest-performing airlines in the world from an environmental standpoint according to Atmosfair: 9th out of 200 airlines (in 2015)
Air Transat’s weaknesses concern the poor condition of some of its airplanes, the uncomfortable seats, the average quality of the meals served on board, the average quality of the in-flight offerings (mostly paying), and the lack of transparency/explanations in case of a delayed, cancelled, or overbooked flight.
- The comfort of the seats on Air Transat’s airplanes received a score of 3/10 and 2/5 stars on Skytrax
- Explanatory section on the Air Transat website (airtransat.com) for if your flight is cancelled, along with reimbursement options, is insufficient, erroneous, or incomplete
96% OF SUCCES
If you suffer a cancelled flight with Air Transat, you can claim financial compensation. To make sure you’re receiving the compensation to which you’re entitled under the law while saving time, money, and energy, trust flightclaim.ca!